Who should be baptized?
Going public with your faith by getting water baptized is an exciting and vital part of worship at Harvest Church of Hampton. If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, then you are ready to be baptized. It is an outward display of your decision.
What does water baptism symbolize?
There is nothing supernatural about the water, but water baptism indicates:
- You accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- You shared in his death and resurrection, illustrated through baptism by going under the water (dead to your old life), then rising again (to your new life in Christ).
- You have been washed clean, by the blood of Christ, your sins forgiven by his death on the cross.
Throughout the New Testament it is clear that the salvation experience was followed by the believer’s baptism. It demonstrates an act of obedience and submission to God. We immerse in water as Jesus did, showing us the way to publicly acknowledge our faith in him. At Harvest Church of Hampton we baptize individuals who have made a conscious decision to trust Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. We pray you’ll take this step soon in your journey with God.
The Baptism Process
- If you’re ready for your next step of faith, we encourage you to speak with the pastor if you have any final questions.
- Baptisms take place during the 1st Sunday Service of every quarter Register online.
- Baptism is a beautiful celebration. Invite your family and friends to your water baptism.
- Get baptized! Arrive to the water baptism service early wearing your baptism clothing. A special section will be reserved for you on the front row.
If you have any questions along the way, please send us an email.