What is WATER baptism?
Water Baptism is an outward display of an inward change. It represents our old nature’s death and the resurrection of our new life in Christ. “For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives.” Romans 6:4 NLT
why get baptized?
Throughout the New Testament, the salvation experience was followed by water baptism. It demonstrates an act of obedience and submission to God. Going public is a way to celebrate that your sins have been washed and to announce you are in a relationship with Christ.
“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost” Matthew 28:19 KJV
what does water baptism
There is nothing supernatural about the water, but water baptism indicates:
- You accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- You shared in his death and resurrection, illustrated through baptism by going under the water (dead to your old life), then rising again (to your new life in Christ).
- You have been washed clean, by the blood of Christ, your sins forgiven by his death on the cross.
How is baptism performed?
can my child get baptized?
I HAVE ALREADY BEEN BAPTIZED. SHOULD I BE BAPTIZED AGAIN?
Being baptized is a huge spiritual milestone. Your baptism experience should be a reflection of your new life with Christ. If your existing lifestyle does not reflect your new life in Christ, you should consider being baptized again.
THINGS TO BRING:
- Wear a modest plain dark shirt and sweatpants for baptism
- A change of undergarments
- Dry clothing to change into after baptism
- Plastic bag for wet clothes
- arrive 45 minutes prior to the service for check-in.
- Feel free to invite as many friends and family members as you wish.
Sharing your testimony
When recording your video, you’ll want to be sure to include the following:
- Your name
- Your age
- Your testimony/story about when you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior.
- Why you want to be baptized
Here are other things you can share are:
- A Bible verse or story that impacted you
- Give thanks to those who helped you begin a relationship with Christ.
Yes, you may write it down and practice prior to filming day.